Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow!  It's been such a busy week so far and it's only Wednesday! :-(  I am sooo ready for the weekend (except I do work all weekend...so maybe not!)  :-)

This past weekend was spent almost entirely indoors (and in the kitchen!) as the weather was just downright awful.  Lots of thunderstorms and high winds.  Bracing ourselves for another weekend of bad weather as Isaac is brewing down near the islands.  Yikes!

Saturday morning I spent a few hours (and several dollars!) at the auto shop...I sure hope my car felt the love afterwards.  I barely managed to get home from the grocery store before the storms started, so I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening in the kitchen as we decided to have a date night at home.  Here's what I made: 

First, the canastitas made another appearance (seriously, LOVE them!).  I'm so happy I stumbled upon the recipe for it.  :-)

Of course we had Malbec wine for our "Argentinian" date night :-)

Next I grilled up some peppers and FINALLY used my indoor grill pan for the first time (sorry mom!  I asked for this as a gift years ago and had yet to use it...but I love it! THANK YOU!).  Here's a tip: NEVER grill peppers indoors. Ever.  The smoke that's produced from them was out of control.  Fans on, air off, windows open and I could still hardly see my hand in front of my face!  Lesson learned.  Luckily, they were delicious and almost worth choking on smoke to death to eat.  Almost.

the smoke had JUST started...I had NO idea what I was about to get into...
Lastily I grilled up some steaks.  Now, those who know me well know that I do. not. like. steak.  I decided to give it a try again for Jordan's sake and I knew he was craving it!  Not too long ago we stumbled upon chimichurri sauce for the first time.  Well, my first time and he had eaten it before in Argentina but not realized what it was.  Since then, we've been dying to try recipes with it.  A coworker of mine has a connection to an Argentinian restaurant and brought me in a jar of their chimichurri sauce (thank you Sol!).  So in went the sauce to marinate the steaks. 
Jordan said they were delicious (I beg to differ...but again, I don't like steak).  The chimichurri sauce was SO good though. Yum! He ate all of his and most of mine.  I went back for seconds on the canastitas.  :-)


To cap off date night, we rented The Hunger Games and enjoyed some mini apple pies I made earlier in the  afternoon (recipe to follow!).

And of course...we can't go without a new photo of Charlee.
Someone was VERY anxious to get to the dog park!
 Hope you're all enjoying your week!

2 comments: