Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pinterest: I Did It! - Mini Apple Pies

And I've created another pinterest recipe, the "Mini Apple Pie" found here on Little Bit Funky's blog.  I've only made apple pie (or any pie!) one other time in my college cooking class...so I definitely consider myself a pie amateur, and I found this recipe SO easy to make!   I made no variations from the original recipe, except that I halved it.  Let's face it...having 24 mini pies in the house can get dangerous!!  So here's how the mini apple pies go down:

For 12 Servings
Cut up 4 cups of apples into 1/2 inch bites (I found that approximately 1 apple equaled a cup)
In a large bowl mix the apples with:
6 tablespoons of flour
3/4c of sugar
2 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg


You will also need:
2 tablespoons of chilled butter cut into 12 equal portions, and 1 tablespoon melted (reserve for the end!) 
1 box of refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust

Unroll your first pie crust and cut several circles out.   Continue this until you have enough crusts.  (Just like the Canastitas, I used a large coffee mug for my circles).

Line each cup of your muffin tin with a tiny pie crust.
Then fill the crusts with your apple mixture and push the crusts down the rest of the way.  Use all of the apple mixture; each pie should have a little mound.  Then take each of your little pads of butter and top each mound with the butter.

Using the remaining scraps of pie crust to top off the apple mound and brush with the melted butter.  Bake for 20-22 minutes at 400.
ENJOY!
ps. Best served with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment