Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

As the holidays get closer and closer (Only three more days until Thanksgiving people!!), I know my weekend plans are going to get crazier and crazier - so I was thankful to have a semi-low key weekend.

Friday night Jordan and I had a casual happy hour/date night together.  Saturday morning I got up bright and early so I could be one of the first shoppers at the grocery store to avoid the Thanksgiving shopping madness.  I'm so excited to be hosting my first Thanksgiving Dinner!  (Ok, actually, I've been scared to death of cooking my first turkey - but, I found what looks to be a pretty easy recipe, so I got over it.) Pinterest has also gotten me excited to create a Thanksgiving tablescape and now it is all I can literally think about.  More on that later this week!

Saturday afternoon, Jordan, Julie and I headed to Pig Jam 2012 over in Plant City.  What's Pig Jam you ask?  Think live animals, a TON of bbq and deep fried everything. 

Deep Fried Oreo Goodness!
Clockwise from Top Left: 1.The most life-changing dessert ever-Deep-fried S'mores, YUM!2.Julie's hotel won 2nd place in both the sauce competition and dessert!  3.My favorite item was the Tennessee Taco: Pulled Pork, Baked Beans and Coleslaw!  4.And...since we still had "Pig Bucks" leftover...we stocked up on kettle corn. 5.Funnelcake - Need I say more? 6.There were some interesting animals that we ran into, including this bird!    

Sunday I did some more shopping for Thanksgiving Day, and picked up some gorgeous fresh flowers for my tablescape!  Can't wait until Friday to post!!



 Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment